Julia Sevitt, R.Ac.
Registered Acupuncturist & Shiatsu Massage Therapist
About Julia Sevitt
Julia Sevitt is a registered Acupuncturist with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture of B.C and a certified Shiatsu Therapist. After completing an undergraduate degree in Women’s studies and Environmental studies she felt deeply called to deepen in her own healing journey. This began through her own yoga and meditation practice and led her to her studies at the Shiatsu School of Canada where she completed a one year massage program after which she completed three years of acupuncture studies at the Canadian College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Victoria B.C.
She has worked and travelled in B.C, Ontario and Thailand and has completed two yoga teacher trainings as well as various Thai massage courses. Julia worked for a couple of years in a community acupuncture clinic where she treated thousands of patients with a wide range of ailments.
In her treatments she combines Acupuncture with Shiatsu/Thai Massage. She also will incorporate cupping, moxabustion, electro-stimulation, and gua sha on the occasion. She is a kind and compassionate person and brings a lot of warmth and generosity to her patients.
Julia treats a wide range of concerns:
- Pain management and musculoskeletal issues
- Gastro intestinal, Digestive and Diet issues
- Gynecological Balancing and Disorders
- Pregnancy, birth preparation and Post Natal Care
- Depression, Stress, and Anxiety Issues
- Immune Function and Respiratory Issues
- Energy and Fatigue complaints, including Sleep disorders
- Acupuncture: A well-established medical technique accepted by the World Health Organization to treat over 300 conditions, Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles into specific spots (acupoints) on the body in order to facilitate healing.
- Shiatsu Massage: This is a needle-free method of activating acupoints using finger, thumb, elbow and palm pressure. Pressure applied to points on the body promotes energy flow and corrects disharmonies throughout the patient's body. In addition to being a deeply relaxing experience, Shiatsu helps relieve stress, treat pain and illness, and contributes to a patient's overall health and wellbeing.
- Tui Na Massage: Tui Na is the massage aspect of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It tends to be deep and quite specific in its approach, and complements acupoint activation by assisting your tissues to release tension and by promoting the circulation of blood.
- Counselling: In my experience (both personal and professional), talking about and shifting our relationship with our health can be as important as receiving physical treatment. Chinese Medicine offers a unique perspective on wellness. For my clients, approaching their problems through its framework has helped them to discover the root causes of their illness, let go of patterns that were causing them suffering, and find inspiration to improve their lives.
Julia is available for appointment bookings on Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays.
For times outside of the schedule, please contact the clinic at 604-368-8799 to arrange an appointment.