Foot Health Program
Our foot health program is a non-surgical solution to restore your feet back to their optimal health.
About the Foot Health Program
Our program is focused on your feet. We believe healthy feet equals a healthy you and our program offers a holistic approach to address problems connected with your feet.
Our program treats conditions such as:
- Foot pain
- Flat feet
- Twisted / Rolled / Sprained ankles
- Plantar Fascittis / Burning Heels
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Hammer Toes
- And many more
No Doctor's referral necessary
Why is it important to take care of your feet?
Our feet are amazing, keeping us in motion every day. The foots many parts, including the toes, heel and ball work harmoniously to get you moving. However, the everyday stress of carrying you puts your feet at high risk of injury. Many foot complaints can develop because of neglect, ill-fitting shoes and daily wear and tear.
Did you know one quarter of the body’s bones can be found in your feet?
The Foot has 26 bones, 42 muscles, 33 joints, hundreds of tendons, ligaments and nerve endings and 250,000 sweat glands
Our feet are our foundation and support our entire body, so when we experience problems with our feet; unsurprisingly this can affect our ankles, knees, hips, lower back and even our shoulders.
A balanced foot can improve the alignment of the rest of the body and yet our feet are often the most neglected parts of our bodies.
Our Foot Pain Relief Program aims to do just that; bring your feet back into balance.
By using non-surgical, non-invasive soft tissue manipulation to target problem areas in your foot and assess if that foot complaint has affected other areas of your body and address these areas too.
After care exercises and stretches would also be provided when necessary to offer continued support between appointments and to promote healing.
What to expect during treatment
- On arrival, your symptoms and intake form will be discussed including causation and duration of the foot or ankle complaint.
- Afterwards a gait analysis will be carried out to establish if your foot complaint is affecting other areas of your lower body or your foot complaint is a result of issues in your lower body. For example tight calves affecting the Achilles tendon. This will include general muscle assessment and an examination of your walk and when necessary show wear analysis.
- Once the analysis is complete and the findings discussed, soft tissue manipulation of the foot targeted to the problem areas will be given. Accompanied by the stimulation of the corresponding reflex points found on the feet of the areas of the body where issues have been identified. For example, if the foot complaint has affected the quads and hips; then these reflex points will be addressed during the treatment. This physical but non-invasive treatment aims to relax tension and stiffness directly in the feet and ankles; while also addressing the rest of the body. Even if your foot or ankle complaint only affects one foot, both feet will still be treated, as an imbalance in one area of your body will impact the rest of it. For this part of the session you will lie with bare feet on a treatment couch and this process lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Exercise handouts to strengthen and/or stretch the feet, ankles and lower half of the body would be provided when necessary to support the healing between appointments and time would be taken for these exercises to be fully explained at the end of the appointment.
- KT taping would also be provided if this additional support was required.
- Follow-up appointments would continue after an ongoing assessment of your symptoms to reduce tension and stiffness in the feet and ankles while addressing issues connected to the rest of the body through stimulating the reflex points. Altering the treatment accordingly as the symptom picture changes
Jericho Integrated Clinic3733 West 10th Ave (West 10th & Alma St.)
Vancouver, BC V6R 2G5
Transit: 99 UBC/Commercial Station bus around the corner
Parking: $1/hr in front of the clinic or free on side street