What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a patient centered whole body approach to healthcare that recognizes the importance of the relationship between the structure of the body and the way it functions.
Osteopathy uses palpation and manual techniques when treating structural and mechanical imbalances to release and realign the body. This hands on approach not only works with the body framework: bones, muscles, joints, connective tissue and tendons, it also works with internal organs to aid in your general health. Since Osteopathy emphasizes on the interrelationship of structure and function by treating the body framework and organs it helps to restore and maintain health by changing circulation, metabolism, digestion, lymphatic drainage and respiration.
Osteopathic treatment effectively relieves pain, improves posture, restores mobility and significantly improves the quality of life for many patients. Osteopathy restores proper body mechanics and health is the focus instead of the symptoms.
Who Can Osteopathy Help?
Since Osteopathic treatment focuses on each individual’s needs and body type and a wide variety of approaches and techniques are used it is beneficial for anyone. Children through to the elderly are treated as well as manual labourers and office workers.
What Can Osteopathy Help With?
Osteopathic manual therapy helps with just about everything especially pain and musculoskeletal issues.
Patients seek treatment for a wide variety of conditions:
- Acute pain
- Ankle sprains
- Back pain
- Chronic Pain
- Hip Pain
- Jaw problems
- Muscular, joint stiffness and pain
- Neck pain
- Overall health and well being
- Postural conditions
- Repetitive occupational strains
- Shoulder conditions
- Sports injuries and performance
However this list is not exhaustive, if you have a health concern that is not listed here, please contact us for more information on how we can help.
Benefits of treatment:
- Reduced stiffness and increased mobility
- Reduced pain levels and inflammation
- Root cause of the problem is treated reducing likelihood of reoccurrence
- Faster return to your everyday life and activities
- Improved general health and wellbeing
Osteopathic Practitioner Schedule
- Pavan Rakkar is currently away and is planning to return in the fall
- David Chen is available Tuesdays and Fridays
- James Latham is available Mondays and Thursdays