Osteopathy is a patient centered whole body approach to healthcare that recognizes the importance of the relationship between the structure of the body and the way it functions.
Osteopathy uses palpation and manual techniques when diagnosing and treating structural and mechanical imbalances to release and realign the body. This hands on approach not only works with the body framework: bones, muscles, joints, connective tissue and tendons, it also works with internal organs to aid in your general health. Since Osteopathy emphasizes on the interrelationship of structure and function by treating the body framework and organs it helps to restore and maintain health by changing circulation, metabolism, digestion, lymphatic drainage and respiration.
Osteopathic treatment effectively relieves pain, improves posture, restores mobility and significantly improves the quality of life for many patients. Osteopathy restores proper body mechanics and health is the focus instead of the symptoms.
Since Osteopathic treatment focuses on each individual’s needs and body type and a wide variety of approaches and techniques are used it is beneficial for anyone. Children through to the elderly are treated as well as manual labourers and office workers.
Osteopathic manual therapy helps with just about everything especially pain and musculoskeletal issues.
Patients seek treatment for a wide variety of conditions:
- Acute pain
- Ankle sprains
- Back pain
- Chronic Pain
- Disc injuries and sciatica
- Frozen shoulder
- Hip Pain
- Jaw problems (TMJ)
- Muscular, joint stiffness and pain
- Neck pain
- Overall health and well being
- Postural conditions
- Repetitive occupational strains
- Shoulder conditions
- Sports injuries and performance
However this list is not exhaustive, if you have a health concern that is not listed here, please contact us for more information on how we can help.
- Reduced stiffness and increased mobility
- Reduced pain levels and inflammation
- Root cause of the problem is treated reducing likelihood of reoccurrence
- Faster return to your everyday life and activities
- Improved general health and wellbeing
Our osteopathic practitioner, Pavan Rakkar, is available all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and occasional Saturdays by upon request.
Location & Contact Info
604-368-8799 3733 West 10th Ave (at Alma St.)
Vancouver, BC V6R 2G5
Sat: By appointment
Sun-Mon: Closed / By appointment
* Note: These are general clinic hours; We understand that everyone’s schedule is different; we try our best to accomodate everyone and so sometimes we may open earlier, stay later, or may make another day work so that noone is left out. Please contact us to make arrangements -- we will try our best to make it work!