What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic Medicine is a form of health care that aims to treat the underlying causes of illness, rather than just the symptoms, using a combination of conventional methods (e.g. lab tests, diagnostics) and natural therapies (e.g. hands-on treatment for musculoskeletal issues, dietary changes, lifestyle changes, supplementation).
Some principles of Naturopathic Medicine also include:
- Minimizing the risk of harmful side effects
- Encouraging the body's self-healing processes
- Treating the person as a whole
- Prevention of disease
Who can Naturopathic Medicine help?
You would see a Naturopathic doctor for the same reasons you would see a family doctor. They do the same diagnosis, exams, but take the time to do a detailed intake. Rather than a pharmaceutical prescription or referral to a specialist, the naturopathic doctor will directly treat the condition through a physical therapy or natural remedy or lifestyle change.
Naturopathic Doctors formulate a treatment plan that is personalized to each individual. It is safe and effective for anyone, and an excellent choice for treating and managing chronic diseases or health issues that have not responded to other forms of treatment.
What can Naturopathic Medicine help with?
- Chronic Issues:
- Musculoskeletal aches and pains, Arthritis, Gout, Fibromyalgia
- Digestive Issues & Gut Health (e.g. IBS, Intestinal Dysbiosis, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Weight Management)
- Skin Issues (Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne)
- Cardiovascular Health
- Men's and Women's Health
- Allergies (Seasonal, Food Sensitivities, Skin)
- Stress, Anxiety, Fatigue, Sleep
- Acute Issues:
- Colds and Flus
Benefits of Treatment
- Healthy and natural solutions for health
- Aim to solve health issues by looking at the underlying causes, not just the surface symptoms
- Getting off reliance on pharmaceuticals
- Permanent long term solutions for chronic issues