What is Registered Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the practice of manipulating the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of preventing or correcting dysfunction, maintenance of bodily health, pain relief, and relaxation. In its current modern incarnation, it employs scientifically supported techniques in conjunction with methods that have existed for thousands of years.
Almost all extended health benefit plans include coverage for RMTs / Registered Massage Therapists and it is great for anything from reducing muscle tension to improving sleep difficulties to destressing after a day's work.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Reduce muscle tension (knots), spasms, cramping, aches and pains
- Relaxation for the body and mind
- Improve mobility and range of motion
- Improve circulation
- Reduce nerve compression
- Improve sleep
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage which enhances the immune system
- Reduce everyday stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD
- Feel energized
- Maintenance of good health
Some common conditions that massage therapy can help with:
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Headaches & migraines
- Muscle tension & spasms
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Scar tissue
- Sciatic pain
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- TMJ problems